Grenade is a High Intensity Interval Training based session. It follows the Tabata style of training where the work rate is 100% for 20 seconds followed by a rest period of 10 seconds.
The class is described in detail by the Unit 27 coach after ensuring a nominal role call has been completed. Following this, the assistant coach then proceeds to take the class for stretching and a progressively harder warm up routine for up to 20 minutes.
Class Time Frame:
- 60 Minutes
- Work time – 25 minutes (including rests = 29 minutes)
Maximum Number Of People:
- 15 people
- The class is set to run as 5 x 5 min rounds
- Each round is split into 5 different stations
- Stations are changed every session
- 1 min is spent on each station within the round per person
- Maximum 3 people per station
- The work periods on each station are for 20 seconds
- The rest periods on each station are for 10 seconds
- Each station works through this twice = 20 – 10 – 20 – 10
- In the 2 nd 10 seconds rest period, people move to next station
- 1 min rest between rounds
Watch Grenade Session
Video coming soon
Extra Grenade Information
There are 5 stations, each station with a capacity of 3 people. 1 min is spent on each station by each person every round (20-10- 20-10) until all 5 stations have been completed by everyone.
Following this 5 min round, everyone takes a 1 min rest period before starting the next round.
Each person must start on a different station every round.
The class must have the ‘RX’ weight and movements clearly established prior to the warm up beginning. If any of these are beyond the capability of any of the class members, (or cannot complete due to injury) then a suitable scaled weight or movement is to be offered.
If there is any member of the class that physically cannot complete the warm up by the assistant coach, then the coach is to advise them they need to complete more of the intermediate classes on the schedule to improve their level of fitness before returning to this class.
Ensure this is made known to them so they understand it is for their own health and safety and that they can retrieve their credit for the class by visiting reception once the reception staff has confirmed it with the Unit 27 coach.
Grenade Weekly Session Times
Sign Up For Grenade
Don’t miss out, class space is limited to 15 per session, book early or contact us about package deals and plans!